Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need help from local DSM owners

Old 03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these parts
Default Need help from local DSM owners

i have question and i hope you all can answer this. I have a 2002 Lancer OZ rally. Engine is a 4g94 POS. I'm interested in dropping a 4g63T engine in. Is this gonna be possible? If so i want to have this done by the middle of the summer, thus includes tranny/clutch if need be. thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82
Default Re: Need help from local DSM owners

Anything is possible. but its not gonna be done by this summer. first thing 4g63's are turned around the other way meaning your throttle body is on the other side from where yours is. this means that for one your engine spins in the oposite direction then the 4g63. motor mounts wont bolt up and trans is on the wrong side i believe. not to mention that your drivetrain parts are gonna have to be replaced cause yours arnt strong enough to hold the power from the 4g63. ive seen this done before and it was no easy job by far. its alot of custom work. and probobly one of the biggest things is the electronics that go with it, and the vacuum lines your gonna have to run. 4g63's are really picky and its gonna be a bitch just to get it started if you do get it in. good luck finding a computer to match your 4g63 and there pricey too. honestly to save you some time and money i would just get a turbo kit for your OZ. i mean it can be done and im not tryin to shatter any dreams or anything but as a 4g63 owner i would have to say its more trouble then what its worth. if you have any questions just hit me up on here or on aol my screen name is roadrcr81082
Old 03-27-2004, 07:00 AM
DVS DSM

noyorol_1 has disabled reputation

If I was you I would build the motor and then boost it.You are goiung to pay way to much to drop a 4g63 motor into the Lancer.That is alot of work to be done.Just build it and boost it.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

a lancer saying evowhat...
Old 03-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
a lancer saying evowhat...
i saw a white lancer running around w/ those plates... i'm guessing this might be him. car looked pretty sad. it had a front bumper from some body kit, but it was unpainted (which i guess he thinks is ok, cuz his car is white, and the body kit is upainted white...). I wouldn't get a cocky license plate like that since just have the oz engine.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

YsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these partsYsoSERious is infamous around these parts

for the record, the plates arent saying "HEY LOOK I'M A EVO" there saying Evo...What? and i'm sorry that i dont make thousands of dollars a month to get everything done in one shot. Yeah my car does look like shit right now, i'll admit that. Reason being is its not painted at all. I'm waiting for the rest of my pieces to arrive so that I can put the car in the shop to have it fully re-painted. So do me a favore, quit hating and stop jacking my posts. Its people like you that take away the fun that the majority of us are trying to have.

Lates
Old 03-28-2004, 05:43 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by AWishForWings
i saw a white lancer running around w/ those plates... i'm guessing this might be him. car looked pretty sad. it had a front bumper from some body kit, but it was unpainted (which i guess he thinks is ok, cuz his car is white, and the body kit is upainted white...). I wouldn't get a cocky license plate like that since just have the oz engine.
dude seriously u have done nothing but joke people ever since u got on the boards which wasnt that fucking long ago. people liek you shouldnt even be welcome on the board. at least he has future plans for his car and is doing something to it and not leaveing it like the way it is. seriously though this is a car website and just b/c some people have different meens of doing things to there car doesnt meen u have to go and put them down. fuck off man u should be banned. let people do what they want how they want....
Old 03-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by bseriesbenny
dude seriously u have done nothing but joke people ever since u got on the boards which wasnt that fucking long ago. people liek you shouldnt even be welcome on the board. at least he has future plans for his car and is doing something to it and not leaveing it like the way it is. seriously though this is a car website and just b/c some people have different meens of doing things to there car doesnt meen u have to go and put them down. fuck off man u should be banned. let people do what they want how they want....
what the fuck are you talking about? this is like the only car i've "downtalked" other than my own. I have a couple future plans for my car too, but nothing big since i'm getting a different one when i'm in college. so you fuck off.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

im a lover not a fighter lol, plus i love evos, should be driving off the lot with one tonight haha
Old 03-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by EvoWhat
for the record, the plates arent saying "HEY LOOK I'M A EVO" there saying Evo...What? and i'm sorry that i dont make thousands of dollars a month to get everything done in one shot. Yeah my car does look like shit right now, i'll admit that. Reason being is its not painted at all. I'm waiting for the rest of my pieces to arrive so that I can put the car in the shop to have it fully re-painted. So do me a favore, quit hating and stop jacking my posts. Its people like you that take away the fun that the majority of us are trying to have.

Lates
yeah, i kind of figured you weren't trying to go around saying that you're an evo. i interpreted it as "look at me, i'm faster than an evo." Personally, i would have waited until all parts of the kit came in before i put part of it on, but again, thats just me. sorry i jumped all over you like that, but i was in a pissy mood, and i felt like voicing whatever i was thinking.

Quick Reply: Need help from local DSM owners