Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good traffic lawyer

Old 07-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acottin has disabled reputation
Default Good traffic lawyer

I got pulled over for speeding 4th of july weekend as I was leaving VA Beach. but thanks to wonderful VA laws I got hit with a reckless. I have a MD license and a clean record and would like to keep it that way. Any lawyer recommendation in the 757 area?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good traffic lawyer

you should thank yourself for speeding. and how the hell do you have one post with that kinda join date? whats up with that?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

This is a perfect example of how NOT to make your first post on VAdriven.

G'luck.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

acottin has disabled reputation

lol...I guess I had that coming. I got blocked from accesing this site from work. So I kind of forgot about it and I posted in another forum and reminded of this one....
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

how about calling LOL THE HAMMER STANLEY???
Old 07-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK NLNE FRK

pete decker law firm, expensive but has alot of pull around this area good luck
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Depending on how far over the speed limit you were going (i know already 20+) but usually with no previous offenses, you will get probation and a fine. Go to driver improvement before hand, show the judge, ask for probation and a fine... be done with it.

No sense in hiring a $700 lawyer for a first offense.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:02 AM
+rep!

OBXboost has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Depending on how far over the speed limit you were going (i know already 20+) but usually with no previous offenses, you will get probation and a fine. Go to driver improvement before hand, show the judge, ask for probation and a fine... be done with it.

No sense in hiring a $700 lawyer for a first offense.
Don't see why not since a reckless will cost you at least that much in insurance premiums as well as a possible suspended license.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 AM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

CTR has disabled reputation

^ its a gamble though. just b/c you hire a lawyer for $700 will not mean you will be let off scott-free. you might end up playing twice as much as if you were just to accept the probation and fines. really depends on the mercy of the judge.

not saying what you should exactly do, just something to think about.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by The Mike
Don't see why not since a reckless will cost you at least that much in insurance premiums as well as a possible suspended license.
If you were doing 20-23 over, most likely you will get probation and a fine if this is your first traffic violation.

I've had 2 reckless driving tickets, the first was probation and a fine with a $700 lawyer. (accident while speeding)

The 2nd reckless driving was 20 over was with no lawyer, driver improvement class only and pled guilty from the start. Fine only.

A lawyer has pull in a court room they are in often, however, they can only do so much to persuade a judge.

The key when not having a lawyer is to not bullshit the judge. You were obviously caught speeding, well over the limit at that. So just go in there and the judge will ask how you pled and then will allow the state trooper to speak. Then you will have a chance to "defend" yourself in the case. That is when you will need to say something such as:

"You honor, I was caught in violation of the legal speed limit on I-64 during the 4th of July holiday", "I know I am the only one at fault for this incident and I have taken the proper steps to ensure good future behavior while operating a vehicle.", "I have completed a driver improvement class without request and wish to obtain probation and court fines only".

Basically kiss the judges ass.

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 07-09-2008 at 06:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Good traffic lawyer