Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.
View Poll Results: Stay @ Shorebreak or move May 1st event to La Promenade?
Shorebreak
17.50%
LaPromenade
70.00%
Other
12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Considering location change for CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH - would like your input.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Considering location change for CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH - would like your input.

OFFICIAL LOCATION CHANGE FOR CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH

LA PROMENADE SHOPS
1860 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...13175&t=h&z=14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all of those who came to the first event any feedback is much appreciated. I've had a few PMs and am taking it all into account.

My main concern is parking lot size @ Shorebreak. We nearly filled it up the first event out. The other concerns are the following:

1. Having to cross Shore Dr. for Dunkin' Donuts Coffee
*there is a 7-11 directly attached to Shorebreak so you don't have to cross the road). I will admit that after 9am Shore Dr. traffic picked up and it became a bit "froggeresque" for some.

2. The location is out of the way for some
*I want the event to stay in Va beach and wanted it near water if possible. Plus getting official permission from a real estate owner isn't an easy task.

My original desired location was La Promenade plaza off of Laskin Rd.... where Aldo's etc. is. Here are the pros:

1. The lot is much bigger
2. The location is easier to get to than Shore Dr.... it's 264 to Laskin and you're there.
3. Turns out the real estate owner is a big car buff and returned my call almost instantly today
4. There's a Starbucks here and other stuff I believe.

Cons:

1. Conte's Bikes hosts a big bike ride there every Saturday AM early.... they go ride then converge @ Starbucks afterwards.... the same one we'd be going to. The real estate owner said it's a long standing event and there are about 50 cyclists who go.

2. Not by the water like Shorebreak is.... IMO driving down Shore drive makes for a nicer drive... esp. over the Lesner bridge.

All said the lot is large and it shouldn't be a problem.... they're open to giving C&C va beach a try and if the event goes well w/o any issues then they would be happy to host it long term.

So... for the May 1st event.... Shorebreak again or go ahead and make the move to La Promenade?
*Don't bother making suggestions for other locations at this time unless you are the property owner or know them well, and it's in Va Beach.

here's an airial of the area...

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by Cobra4B; 04-20-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Considering location change for CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH - would like your in

partial to shore break only because of the proximity to my house in comparison to LaPromenade especially with how early it is.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez
Default Re: Considering location change for CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH - would like your in

I would like to retract my Other vote and change it to LaPromenade
Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM
wait, what?

coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface coryface

Down for LaPromenade. Either way, it's a hike from OV for me... and it's honestly still pretty close to the beach, seeing as Laskin runs right into it... just a different beach. Obviously, the first couple meets are going to be trial versions. I'm thinking we could use a bigger parking lot.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 PM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bmdubbin
it's a hike from OV for me...
I'm in OV too and was the reason i liked shore break. I'll show up where-ever
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

La Promenade. If its a bigger lot, and the attendance grows, you won't have to worry about changing locations again. Its also only the second time you're having it, so a change now would be much easier than a change down the road once its established... Also a little bit less travel for most. I'd say something more central would be even better, like the Pembroke Mall parking lot? There is a lot of unused space, behind the gas station at the front of the mall on the blvd, and also on the back corner of the mall, where the neighborhood is (however that is out of view, and also next to the neighborhood...)

Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of these until June, but I do plan on attending then.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:33 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

LaProm.

Bigger lot + starbucks + WAY easier access from the interstate.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

La Promanade, We looked at that first, but didn't have permission at that time. I will miss the fairly brisk drive down through the park on shore drive though! But where am I going to fill up my 7-11 double gulp?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by WutupYo
I'd say something more central would be even better, like the Pembroke Mall parking lot?
No coffee shop and nothing to differentiate it from standing in a random parking lot. La Promenade has nicer looking architecture and the stores are more up-scale. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go ahdead and setup the May 1st event to be @ La Promenade. I emailed a proposal to the real estate owner just to make things official... just awaiting his response/official permission.

Thanks for the input....

-Brian
Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

La Promenade by far. Also, you can have big boxes of coffee (Dunkin Donuts) at the event and sell it to attendees. Might possibly have someone (coffee company) cater it so they can make a profit. It will most likely become bigger as long as it doesn't become a dipshit event with multi-colored heaps.

Quick Reply: Considering location change for CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH - would like your input.